Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Power of Music


I have played music all my life and enjoy it as a personal and interactive activity.  But seeing live music, to me, is something greater than just the individual on stage or the participants in the crowd.  What it is is the collaborative of a collective group of people, in the same room, bearing witness to a person (or people) presenting their art form.  In my mind, everyone is winning.  The artist is given an outlet to present their works of art, that more than likely are created from a place close to their heart, and the audience is there to enjoy that art.  Together.

Here is a video of Jeff Tweedy from one of my favorite bands Wilco hitting the nail on the head.


The creation of Moonshine Showcase was born out of this concept.  When I go to a concert something great happens to me.  I can recount every single concert I have ever been to.  And I have great memories of all of them.  It is not just music, but a life experience.  I have had some of the best times of my life at concerts.  Whether it was festivals like Edge Fest with my buddies in the late 90's or Sugarland with my beautiful wife, concerts have always been a hot bed of good memories for me.

My goal is to create that for other people and to do that 4 blocks away from my home and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment